Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 08:47 AM
Expert

Post Two Bugs

I do have the most recent beta version installed and I found two bugs.

1) Webs on the ground do not burn when the enemy is shooting fire. Currently fire does zero damage to webs. Technically webs are extremely vunerable to fire and should take double or triple damage from any fire.

2) When creating a new character the game starts and then later if you choose to save & exit for creating another new character the previous hybrid selection will be displayed, however the character created appears as a warrior. The workaround is choosing the already selected hybrid character again. For my scenario I've chosen the assassin / defender which causes the issue.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Elite

I've been able to torch ground webs with the hunter's fire trap.

I am surprised how often spiders are dropping webs that fill the whole room. Used to be single web drops. (Not the single web that is "shot" at the player, but the persistent webs that need to be blasted to remove.)
Old 11-06-2010, 04:59 AM
Elite

That last post may have been a bit confusing, so I posted a screen shot. Two spiders jumped my character, and "blam!" the area was filled with webs, all at one time. This is a huge departure from the way spiders did webs in past versions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spiders_man.jpg (74.0 KB, 32 views)
Old 11-08-2010, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

That's a lot of webs. I'll look at it.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:11 PM
Champion

Just found this thread.

Wanted to report a similar issue as to what Bak experienced. I was a level 44 melee/hybrid character and ran out of flaming oil things quickly. It was very slow going and frustrating. Especially since the dungeon had a high re-spawn rate. Thankfully, there were some breaks in all the webs. They were mainly not present in really large areas, but other than that, they were everywhere.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

It is possible that you guys had a spider world modifier, that would bump the number of spiders and webs.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Champion

Yes, that is a possibility, Shadow. I do very vaguely recall seeing the spider modifier.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:51 AM
Amateur

Hello =), i am new one there (and dont be good in english, sorry), but play this game many hours and with new patch too, i have some questions, maybe a bugs report too

-about this webs on the floor who spiders drop on move - >>
ObjectType BreakableSpiderWeb
ObjectChanceMult 3.0
ObjectType BreakableSpiderWeb2
ObjectChanceMult 3.0
ObjectType BreakableSpiderWeb3
ObjectChanceMult 3.0
>> if i change this value with mod this solve the problem ? i mean the number of spider webs spiders drops not that already in cave
( is many of them and causing problems if player dont have area splash damage spell and seems to like count into kills and replenish conjurer mana too) maybe better idea be to do spiders droppable webs disappear over time or just slow the player move if run into them and then wait and disappear, what you think about that ?

- about spell thunderbolt, i think is bug because this spell do 100% stun and is faster then shock wave, i look into files and found >>

shock wave - ProjStatusEffectChance 0.25
thunderbolt - ProjStatusEffectChance 0.1 ( well, but this dont work in the thunderbolt, why ?)

- BallLightning spell specially in room filled with webs target too many objects and cause owerpovering sounds over area, can be number of targets limited ?

- and last about BoltOfGloom, this spell decrease att and def and have fire damage over time too but mana cost and speed is the same like ShadowBolt who do only magic damage and dont do any side effect

thats is all for now =), thnx
Old 11-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
It is possible that you guys had a spider world modifier, that would bump the number of spiders and webs.
I just checked, the only world modifier was/is "fast pace" (which was done by choice). Came across a new spider at an intersection, and it dropped at least 10 webs at a time. (The ones that block traffic, not the ones that paralyze characters.)

Edit: To be clear, I'm not talking about old pre-existing webs that are here and there around the room. I'm griping about the recent change in spider's behavior in combat, how one spider can so quickly make it impossible to move anywhere, even in a large room.

Last edited by Bak : 11-13-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:41 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bak View Post
I just checked, the only world modifier was/is "fast pace" (which was done by choice). Came across a new spider at an intersection, and it dropped at least 10 webs at a time. (The ones that block traffic, not the ones that paralyze characters.)

Edit: To be clear, I'm not talking about old pre-existing webs that are here and there around the room. I'm griping about the recent change in spider's behavior in combat, how one spider can so quickly make it impossible to move anywhere, even in a large room.
in file Database/Monsters/skills.gdb is something about that, i try change values in UseCheckChance but is strange how this work , they dont drop random one web through chance i think but many of them in one time, maybe chance dont work like with thunderbolt spell, i dont know

SkillSpiderLeaveWeb1
{
Base BaseSkillMonsterDefense

UseCheckTime 3.0
UseCheckChance 0.2

MaxRange 500

SpawnObject BreakableSpiderWeb
SpawnObjectTime 10.0
}

SkillSpiderLeaveWeb2
{
Base BaseSkillMonsterDefense