Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-28-2011, 02:46 AM
Roswitha Roswitha is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 695
Default Assorted questions and observations

Why does Keely the Bowyer wield a long sword? I would expect a bow or possibly a dagger.

While I was stamping out an infestation the numbers decreased faster than I stomped. I don't mind the help, but it would be nice to know who was doing it.

If you put an item in the warmaster's Donate box, it looks like it either goes to the warmaster or is converted to cash. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Necromancer skills Blight and Bone-shatter work on a cave-in. So does Curse of Pain.

The Blight mark on a totem is off center. See the image.

Using v 1.017
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blight.jpg (17.4 KB, 10 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Shadow's Avatar
Shadow Shadow is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 9,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
Why does Keely the Bowyer wield a long sword? I would expect a bow or possibly a dagger.

If you put an item in the warmaster's Donate box, it looks like it either goes to the warmaster or is converted to cash. Is that how it's supposed to work?
It would definitely make more sense for Keely to have a bow. We just don't have any npcs that can use ranged weapons at the moment.

The Warmaster happens to have the highest priority for items. The new item will go to the Warmaster if better than what he currently has, but his item will get transferred to the next person. If it's not as good as his current item, it will go to the next person.
__________________
Steven Peeler
Designer/programmer
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, Zombasite, Din's Legacy, & Drox Operative 2
Patreon
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Roswitha Roswitha is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
The Warmaster happens to have the highest priority for items. The new item will go to the Warmaster if better than what he currently has, but his item will get transferred to the next person. If it's not as good as his current item, it will go to the next person.
That's kind of what I thought. I'll have to double-check, but I didn't notice the Steward or Apothecary getting new items. If it's getting passed along, it's not going to them.

EDIT---
I stand corrected. They're getting passed along.

Last edited by Roswitha : 01-28-2011 at 03:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Crisses's Avatar
Crisses Crisses is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Middletown, NY
Posts: 644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
It would definitely make more sense for Keely to have a bow. We just don't have any npcs that can use ranged weapons at the moment.
Keely's story should include that he used to use a bow, but his eyesight has gotten poor, and thus because he's nearsighted he's using his secondary weapon. However, he assures you that he has a hundred year's experience making great bows.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Roswitha Roswitha is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
Keely's story should include that he used to use a bow, but his eyesight has gotten poor, and thus because he's nearsighted he's using his secondary weapon. However, he assures you that he has a hundred year's experience making great bows.
Now, why was I thinking Keely was female?

I'll have to take a closer look.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Shadow's Avatar
Shadow Shadow is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 9,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
Now, why was I thinking Keely was female?

I'll have to take a closer look.
Keely is female.
__________________
Steven Peeler
Designer/programmer
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, Zombasite, Din's Legacy, & Drox Operative 2
Patreon
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Crisses's Avatar
Crisses Crisses is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Middletown, NY
Posts: 644
Default Story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Keely is female.
Well, then change the gender pronoun. I was just reading the thread and thought adding to the NPC story was a possible out for not needing to do a lot of programming for someone who is a vendor. It's nice to live in a fantasy world where people are master craftsmen -- or at least successful salespeople -- at the nice young age of 20-30, but in reality either 1) the crafts(wo)man would be pretty darned old or 2) they're a reseller and don't need to USE the items they sell in order to know a "good bow" when they see it. i.e. appraiser, not master archer.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Shadow's Avatar
Shadow Shadow is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 9,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
I was just reading the thread and thought adding to the NPC story was a possible out for not needing to do a lot of programming for someone who is a vendor.
I actually did just that this morning.
__________________
Steven Peeler
Designer/programmer
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, Zombasite, Din's Legacy, & Drox Operative 2
Patreon
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2019 Soldak Entertainment, Inc.