Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-14-2015, 10:02 AM
Crisses's Avatar
Crisses Crisses is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Middletown, NY
Posts: 613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zengrath View Post
What are the mechanics for causing party members to flee? Everytime i've taken party members with me in dungeons they fight for a few minutes then suddenly flee every time i engage any enemy after that point, i end up just sending them back to camp as they then seem useless. I'm playing by myself most of time due to this letting my clan stay at home. i'm still only on my first game and few hours in, maybe this gets explained later or they get better or maybe there is a game mechanic i'm missing that would explain this and allow me to fix it?
It would be SO HELPFUL if the sounds your members made while fleeing weren't the same sounds that people you need to rescue make. I can't tell you how many times I thought there was another person around and it turned out to be my own party members with a Fear effect. Ugh.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-14-2015, 10:20 AM
Shadow's Avatar
Shadow Shadow is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 8,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castruccio View Post
Ok I think the overheating problem is definitely a frame rate thing.
You could turn on monitor sync or change the maxFps user var directly (console or cfg file).
__________________
Steven Peeler
Designer/programmer
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, & Zombasite
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-14-2015, 10:24 AM
Shadow's Avatar
Shadow Shadow is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 8,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zengrath View Post
What are the mechanics for causing party members to flee?
They lose morale from damage (especially damage from no enemy like a trap) and from fears (will show up in personality traits.
__________________
Steven Peeler
Designer/programmer
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, & Zombasite
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Tyakraman Tyakraman is offline
Expert
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 31
Default

I think they contibuously loose morale when outside the camp. and once the morale drops below a specific point, they are too afraid to fight anything.

I'm not sure if killing stuff or other things can improve morale while in the field.

Last edited by Tyakraman : 10-14-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-14-2015, 11:49 AM
Zengrath Zengrath is offline
Expert
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 80
Default

How does arch-nemesis locating work. For example i paid silver (almost all i had lol) to search for it, it said it updated my map but i see nothing on my map that i can tell represents where it may be. I also see a map icon on the quest screen that says "goes to general quest location on map" but that doesn't do anything when i click it as well. What am i supposed to see on the map after clicking search? i may just be blind.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-14-2015, 12:33 PM
Shadow's Avatar
Shadow Shadow is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 8,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zengrath View Post
How does arch-nemesis locating work. For example i paid silver (almost all i had lol) to search for it, it said it updated my map but i see nothing on my map that i can tell represents where it may be. I also see a map icon on the quest screen that says "goes to general quest location on map" but that doesn't do anything when i click it as well. What am i supposed to see on the map after clicking search? i may just be blind.
For the most part it works like other quests, but your Arch-Nemesis might not be found in the current area. I should probably make it not let you search if it is not in the area.
__________________
Steven Peeler
Designer/programmer
Depths of Peril, Kivi's Underworld, Din's Curse, Drox Operative, & Zombasite
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-14-2015, 01:05 PM
Tuidjy's Avatar
Tuidjy Tuidjy is offline
Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: La La Land (California)
Posts: 847
Default

I must be missing something. My skill progression is constantly limited by lack of cash. I never spend on anything but skills, I take every other clan's last copper, but I never had nearly enough from levels 2 to 7.

Is there a store that buys and sells stuff? It would not make much sense, but no more than having to pay money for skill upgrades. Whom I am paying? Why? Why am I not paying them in food, who cares about gold?
__________________
No good deed goes unpunished...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-14-2015, 01:16 PM
Zengrath Zengrath is offline
Expert
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 80
Default

Some reason during a raid my party members kept attacking enemy healthstone, seems like no point to this since once their healthstone is 0hp nothing happens yet they keep attacking it. I thought i'd end up having to reset raid or go solo killing the rest of enemy but luring enemy towards the healthstone seemed to make my allies change targets. Might be not working as intended?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Zengrath Zengrath is offline
Expert
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
I must be missing something. My skill progression is constantly limited by lack of cash. I never spend on anything but skills, I take every other clan's last copper, but I never had nearly enough from levels 2 to 7.

Is there a store that buys and sells stuff? It would not make much sense, but no more than having to pay money for skill upgrades. Whom I am paying? Why? Why am I not paying them in food, who cares about gold?

I've found about 2 merchants during my first game, after those were gone for whatever reason i started trying to get money from other clans by selling stuff to them. But hours later no other merchants ever showed up and clans were out of money. i have been able to afford my skills so far (i'm level 10). but there does seem to be a lack of merchants this early in the game.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Zengrath Zengrath is offline
Expert
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
For the most part it works like other quests, but your Arch-Nemesis might not be found in the current area. I should probably make it not let you search if it is not in the area.
So do i wonder from area to area until i get some kind of update on the quest, then do a search or fully explore that area? or do i search each area (paying money) until i happen upon the right area and my map updates (seems would be expensive). or do i just wander exploring each area thoroughly until i happen upon him? Trying to understand the mechanics. I've not won my map, but i still like to figure this part out before moving to the next. also there is one dungeon i haven't fully explored yet.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2016 Soldak Entertainment, Inc.