Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

Default Zombasite patch 0.917

Patch 0.917 of Zombasite is available over on the Zombasite patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch replaces hunting timer with expedition points, adds adventure expedition, upgrades lots of skills, adds several new special rooms, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:55 AM
Elite

My clan screen shows me with a green exclamation point and also one next to the solved quests line, but the solved quest screen shows no quests. My bulletin board does not show the green exclamation point.

-------------

Just figured it out. One of my clan members had his personal quest solved. These apparently don't show up on the main quest screen or the bulletin board.

Last edited by Caal : 01-29-2016 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Found Answer
Old 01-29-2016, 01:32 AM
Amateur

Default [BUG] Expedition points still have a timer underneath

On my NPC info screen, the expedition points are appearing on top of a duplicated timer. I assume the two timers aren't even supposed to be visible?

Screenshot attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg expeditions_over_timer.jpg (42.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 01-29-2016, 01:35 AM
Amateur

Default feature request: hotkeys for NPC navigation

It would be nice if the left/right arrow keys were hotkeys for the arrows on the "Show NPC" screen, so one could cycle through the NPCs quickly. It would help when comparing their stats.

It might be nice to have hotkeys for the six buttons at the bottom, too, but the arrow keys would be really useful.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:39 AM
Amateur

Default [BUG] in windowed mode, tooltips

A minor bug: in windowed mode, all highlights and tooltips still function in the game window even if another window is on top of the game window, and also even if another window has input focus.

For example, I'm typing this post in Chrome right now, and it's the topmost window. Zombasite is running in a window behind Chrome, and it's currently on the "Show NPC" screen. I can move the mouse cursor around the covered letters for Strength, Dexterity, etc., but I can still see tooltips. If I move over the partially covered buttons for "Recruit to Party" and "Extra Rations", I can still see the rollover highlights. If I move the mouse cursor over an item's icon, I see the description of the item appear in the game window behind Chrome.

Fortunately, clicks in the active window do not trigger mousedown/mouseup events in the game window. :-)

Last edited by bubicus : 01-29-2016 at 01:41 AM. Reason: added info about item descriptions
Old 01-29-2016, 02:32 AM
Amateur

Default [BUG] damage/status text no longer displays all the time

I noticed that the damage numbers and food looting numbers ("+X clan food") stopped appearing for a while. They would not reappear even after I went to the Options menu, unchecked the appropriate checkboxes, clicked Apply, re-checked the appropriate checkboxes, and clicked Apply again. They also wouldn't reappear if I quit the game and restarted. After a few minutes, the numbers suddenly started appearing again.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:58 AM
Amateur

Default [BUG] Gate activations and map data lost after version update and/or raid

On a Huge map with v0.916, I had activated at least a dozen gates and I had mapped out most of the areas. I loaded v0.917, then I raided and defeated two clans. After defeating them, I noticed that many of the areas I had mapped were no longer mapped, and the gates for those areas were no longer activated (I only had five activated gates after the raids).

I don't know whether it was the version upgrade or the raids that caused the map data to reset. I also forgot to back up the save file, so I can't provide one this time.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:43 PM
Elite

Default Food Stuff

1) What do the two numbers on the new .917 hunting/expedition screen mean?

2) It would be nice if whatever food situation you are in at the end of an area is carried forward to a new area. Right now, a new area always starts with two times minimum food, so anything you have done in the past to create food surpluses or deficits is lost when moving to a new area.

3) I think the logistics win is flawed. I had a clan with 14 members and a decent food surplus. I was then raided by three clans simultaneously, during which I lost all but two clan members due to death or desertion. But, long before the battle was over, a food supply that was comfortable for a 15 person clan became overwhelming for a three person clan, triggering the logistics win condition. It doesn't feel right that suffering massive casualties should create a victory condition. Maybe food could be looted by the killer on death, or stolen by a deserter so that the condition doesn't trigger, or the victory condition could be based on something else, like gold finding, high level item finding, or crafting.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

1) Current Expedition Points / Max Expedition Points

2) It does have some carry over mechanics. The quick version is that it tries to carry over some of the food, has a minimum amount that you can start with, and tries to not let you keep too much so you don't get a logistics win right away after a logistics win.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:46 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caal View Post
My clan screen shows me with a green exclamation point and also one next to the solved quests line, but the solved quest screen shows no quests. My bulletin board does not show the green exclamation point.

-------------

Just figured it out. One of my clan members had his personal quest solved. These apparently don't show up on the main quest screen or the bulletin board.
I had some similar weird quest issues: An NPC quest shows up when you point to an area and get the list of quests in the area -- but the NPC in question doesn't always have the ? over their head. Sometimes it shows up the next time I'm in town, etc. It might be helpful if it both gave the clan name and the name of the NPC who has that quest in the list?

in the quest list (Q), some of the quest names once completed are so long that "Completed" in yellow scrolls off the screen. Scroll bars appear. I'd suggest either reduce the font size so it fits -- or change the entire name of completed quests to gold/yellow. Or put a yellow checkmark for completed quests at the beginning of the name, rather than tacking it on as a whole word at the end?