Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Default Shared Adventure 7

For our 7th shared adventure, we have the 10th level Vin the hardcore Warden / Weaponmaster playing in a medium world.

Be careful. He just has a basic set of items, very little money, none of his attribute or skill points allocated, and only 2 recruits. Compared to the world he is in, him and his clan starts off pretty weak.

To play: download the attached zip file, unzip the file, and put the 4 files into your chars directory, play that character for just that world, and then post your results.

Chars directory:
Win - C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Zombasite\User
Mac - /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/Zombasite/User
Linux - ~/.local/Zombasite/User

Post whatever you think is interesting: how you developed your character, interesting events, unfortunate deaths, what the other clans do, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Vin.zip (56.7 KB, 3 views)
Patreon
Old 02-05-2016, 09:06 PM
Elite

That's OK -- it's a good day to die.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Elite

A few things are weird about starting so high level. My 2 brethren are level 1, so I can't take them adventuring. Town defenses stink. It's very slow going. Adventuring with other clans becomes key, but it's still painfully slow going. For me at least.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:43 AM
Elite

I'm not getting any xp from monsters being killed by a poison ward.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:33 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caal View Post
I'm not getting any xp from monsters being killed by a poison ward.
As I was adventuring, several times I ended up with XP debt -- how does one incur xp debt when you're hardcore? I played a few hours without gaining even 1 level -- but I was also going slow in the first area. I eventually gained a +magic item item which helped because I wasn't getting much loot either. Only found 1 recruit (after I killed off one of my townsfolk by taking them adventuring) but the was a commoner with skills too good to take him on the road.

I probably made poor skill choices, too. :/ could always try again.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:38 AM
Elite

You incur xp debt in hardcore by loading a new town and not staying with the old one. I allude to that in my story.

Last edited by Caal : 02-06-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:39 AM
Elite

Vin was feeling defeated. In his last town, Vin didn't pay a lot of attention to his relationship with the other clans. He paid for this when almost out of nowhere, a sudden, simultaneous, raid by three other clans wiped out his entire clan. The best he could do was to escape with his own life and head for a new town, and start over. All he could manage to scrounge up before attempting to avenge the loss of his clan were two raw level 1 recruits, one of which had managed to get himself petrified. Vin was not optimistic - he glanced over at the Parly gate, and hoped he wasn't heading for the pearly gates. Vin was also saddled with xp debt, and has rage. But, he sighed and moved on - his checklist included trying to find some able bodied recruits (his two newbie recruits should at least give the appearance of power to the other clans for the time being), find some decent equipment, and try to make nice with the other clans.

Vin decided to go solo for awhile so as to not risk losing his lowly recruits. In the Glenwood Dows of Explosions, Vin runs into Ing the potion vendor, and buys all the health potions he can afford. Vin also encounters the Enlightened and Heart of Gold. Vin is able to establish a non aggression pact with the weaker Enlightened, but HoG will need some more persuasion.

Vin offers to adventure together with the Enlightened, who agree to this, lending him a level 8 forest saurian mage as a companion, but that doesn't last very long (but long enough to get the rage cured). The Enlightened's camp falls under attack and they pull their man back. Without much other choice, Vin helps break the siege at the Enlightened's camp (Oggra), although he struggles a great deal. This buys him enough good will to get a mutual protection pact, and get his adventuring companion back. Vin meets Nemesis in Somber Forest 1, but they don't show any interest in making a deal. Back at home, Lore and Dedric are constantly fighting. Vin puts Lore on R&R. Vin's multiple zombie infections have left him with only 5 health potions. He is now running back to town for healing after virtually every fight. Very frustrating. Vin's companion from the Enlightened picks up a zombie infection and dies. Since Oggra is now under siege again, Vin can't get another helper. Vin again helps break the siege and again gets another companion - who almost instantly gets killed in battle. Vin pulls off a couple of trades with HoG, improving the relation enough for a non aggression pact. He offers to adventure together with them, and gets another companion. Vin rescues Kurt, a level 10 death knight, in Somber Forest 1, who joins the clan. Vin immediately pulls him into the party. Vin kicks the combative Lore out of the clan, both to raise average happiness, and conserve food. Shortly thereafter, Vin recruits Eunice, a level 10 Warrior to his party, dismissing his HoG companion and thanking him for the help.

Suddenly, Nemesis declares war on Darkblades. Unknown to Vin, they had an alliance with the very powerful Frenzy clan. Frenzy raids Darkblades, sending in 10 of their best warriors. Vin and his crew feebly try to defend, but are quickly overwhelmed. Vin suffers ignoble defeat for the second time, but this time is unable to escape - suffering the same fate as his clan.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caal View Post
You incur xp debt in hardcore by loading a new town and not staying with the old one. I allude to that in my story.
Thanks! That tells you how often I've played hardcore (i.e. never) before the Shared Adventures.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

The XP Debt is my fault. I abandoned 2 towns to get everything ready for this shared adventure.
Patreon
Old 02-06-2016, 02:08 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
The XP Debt is my fault. I abandoned 2 towns to get everything ready for this shared adventure.
It's an "extra challenge"