Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Default Zombasite patch 0.923

Patch 0.923 of Zombasite is available over on the Zombasite patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch mostly just fixes a lot of medium to small issues.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Elite

It's a tad calmer again, that's good -- still have that timer and some additional critter raids. Found a storage room with more loot -- yay. The maps are better thanks!

I think the zombie timer could go a little faster -- at least in my game it was like 60 points/hr or something like that? If it changes world-per-world or by character level then leave it because I tend to start with new characters to get the "newbie" experience when there are serious changes to the game. I would think if it were going faster that points would be deducted when you complete zombie-related quests (you set them back), so your activity on the zombie front would be exactly what keeps that timer in check. You get that "Bomb the zombies into the dark ages" feel then.

Problems:

"The wishing well cursed you and teleported you away." -- but I didn't go anywhere. And no teleport noise, etc. so I didn't just get teleported to the same spot.

Eternal Darkness was destroyed -- so why was their message/taunt still there the next time I went to the Relations screen?

Occasionally I'll be in battle with something and all my character's effect/attack noises are gone...I just hear the critter I'm hacking at growling and such.

Suggestions/Requests:

Armorsmiths should probably be able to repair armor.

Why can't you set oil or alcohol on the ground on fire?

Some guard item/inventory images are so dark! My poor middle-age eyes The background for the critters could be lighter?

Auto bag-opening should be enabled for adding bags to the stash when "opened".

Enemies always seem to know that I'm the one in charge -- sometimes to the complete exclusion of them attacking my NPCs who are hacking at them. I can see if they're targeting the person doing the most damage -- then that makes sense -- just so long as there's a reason and not a bug.

Now back to taxes. Need a bumper sticker that says "I'd rather be playing Zombasite."

Last edited by Crisses : 03-05-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

The zombie threat per hour is based on what zombie related quests you have outstanding so sometimes it will be faster or slower.

Enemies are supposed to target what it hates the most which is mostly who has damaged them the most.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:01 AM
Amateur

Problem 1: http://imgur.com/0rExUg8

Problem 2: In my last map, half my monster gate guards went insane, is that intentional? If so, could the insanity stat be made visible so they can be replaced as it climbs.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Elite

I got a diplomatic win, went on to the next game and I couldn't target my NPCs to cast fire shield on them.

Paints/Furs -> is there some way to combine them to improve their duration/health? I don't want a stash full of such things. Just a wishlist item.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:28 PM
Expert

Some nice things in this patch.

I think the Maps hit a good balance between Maze-like and Open field now. Though I wasn't bothered too much by Maze-like maps from before, I looked at it as some extra added randomness and challenge, but personally I could always edit that "assets" file if I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
Auto bag-opening should be enabled for adding bags to the stash when "opened".
[/i]
That would be nice. AND to massively expand on that dream.. I know "Ctrl" is used for "stay still". For some reason, when it's pressed, it closes certain menus like the crafting bench, bulletin board and Stash screens (I guess it's considered like a mouse click player movement, which closes those..)

But if "Ctrl" could be made to not close those screens, but instead as ctrl-click to transfer items, from self to chest bag or chest bag to self, that alone would fix complaints some might have with the interface. Or the next best thing would have Donate/Buy/Sell (Space) serve that purpose, when the chest is open.

Right click should equip empty door/relic/guard slots too. I understand why you have destroyed door/relic/guard's stay even after they die/break (I actually like it). But in return of having to unequip/drop those, it should be made easier to equip a replacement, as it can be frustrating for players who have had a lot of attacks and a lot destroyed, in a short span of time.

I'm still having issues finding Merchants or having visits by them in my worlds. I usually play in normal or large worlds with the maximum amount of Clans possible, if that has anything to do with it (more clans=less merchants? I even tried a faster paced world to hope that could increase visit chance. I could try with one less opposing clan to see if that fixes that issue. Or I'm just unlucky, but I'll gonna test this more out.

And most clans still die from Monsters pretty quickly, as it has been in recent versions.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:29 PM
Elite

Guards & my NPCs stopped attacking an invader once I engaged with them in the town. They just stood there while I whittled away at something 2 levels above me, even when it was casting ice storms and hurting them.

Teleporting enemies need a cool down of perhaps 5 seconds. Or they should have a mana setting and run out.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:12 PM
Elite

A few remarks:

When you destroy an altar, an quest without a description appears in the quest list for that area. I guess it's a trigger for the god in question taking revenge, but it looks wrong, and may confuse people. A simple "You feel hostile divine forces at work" will make it clear to players that everything is working as designed.

Sometimes, oil spills cannot be picked up in a vial, probably because they have been somehow damaged, for example by fire. But they still slow me down, and they do not go away no matter how much times passes. I think that if they cannot be collected, they should go away by themselves - they should not retain the harmful effects without the beneficial ones.

I had achieved a few logistics wins with a hardcore character. After he died, I deleted him... and my progress towards the achievement was cleared. It may be relevant that I created a character with the same name.

A lot seems to go wrong when you have a single, angry clan member. He will poison himself, curse himself, and ultimately kick himself out of the clan. Another time when I had a single clan member, he disappeared when I won the area, and was relaced with a completely different clan member. I'm 100% positive, because the one who disappeared was an amazing hunter gatherer, and the one who replaced him was not. Then the new guy started getting into fights with other members who were listed as belonging to my clan, but did not appear in my list.

When you adventure with a clan, even destroyed clans will get upset. As a matter of fact, destroyed clans keep getting mentioned in other events as well.

I have trouble understanding why, after all my clan members have left in protest to my making them go on expeditions to feed themselves, the new recruits are still absolutely upset over my low expedition points. If you order an expedition when the points are low, I can understand the penalty. Why new people care about the current value, not so much.

If a clan that offers a 'destroy machine' quest is destroyed, there is no longer a way to locate the machine. It still continues to be a problem, so can the quest move to another clan? Even better, as machines always bother the player clan, can those quests always be available from our own message board?
Old 03-09-2016, 11:36 AM
Elite

If there's room for it: can we get clan member's current health on the clan list? 90/100 style?

Right now it's very hard to tell who is hurt, whether they're on an expedition or the clan is being attacked, or if there's in-fighting amongst clan members.