Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2016, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Default Zombasite patch 0.924

Patch 0.924 of Zombasite is available over on the Zombasite patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch makes town attacks more unique, cleans up the UI some, gives more control over NPCs, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:04 AM
Expert

Some nice stuff. I like some of the interface changes implemented that sourdust suggested in his long piece, as well as the different attacks coming from different sides. One small thing, the clan icon doesn't show which joypad button the player set it to on the main screen, like all the others would.

One little request I would like with joypad support, is if the main analog moved the map around on the map screen. Also a wish, maybe an option on the controller config, to make "attack" also pick up nearby to character items/open chests, while not in combat (but attack them if they are locked). If not that, as an extra command to set would great too!

I'm curious if now if I'll actually find or get a merchant visit now, with the increase of chance. If I don't... I'm thinking it's got to be some glitch with maximum clan size games. Also if other clans don't fight each other as much, if they'll survive a bit longer now. ReputationFightToDeath thing you lowered, which I think was good, but I also think maybe for the Clan AI sake, could that behaviour be toned down a bit?

Like I think the Clan AI needs to know a bit more, for it's own sake, when to stop attacking or plead (even willingly give cash) for peace, when their power rank goes from one of the top clans to one of the worst. I can understand zombies or monsters from the wilderness doing this... and though it may be just the real warlike-ish clans that do this, but even so, I feel they could be a bit more wise to settle down when weakening, being an actual clan that's trying to survive just like me, no matter how much they hate my guts!

But I'll get to playing!
Old 03-11-2016, 09:49 PM
Elite

Problems:

On the Clan Screen - the red x does nothing.

Sometimes Guards are dropped at 5+ levels over my current level.

When unidentified Guards are dropped, why does it tell me their level?

The new gate vulnerabilities in town - they're not listed on help or on help overlay or a mouseover of the town protection screen

Why is a button for "retraining mode" on the Other Clan menu?

Mystic Brotherhood was attacking a recruit out in the wilderness....

Interesting Ideas:

How do gate enchantments work? Just on the gate itself, or on the guards at that gate? It would also be interesting if the gate extended its bonus to the guards that are stationed there.

What if a cleaned up abandoned town with recruits left alone in it eventually spawned a clan?

Funny:

I had to kill a monster whose honorific was "the Scout Master" -- all former boyscouts will be scarred for life.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Elite

By the way, good work on cleaning up the main UI, etc. It's good. Will take a little getting used to but it's worth it.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Amateur

Exclamation

Bugs we've seen over at the Qt3 forums:

Quote:
That bug seems to be when a nemesis human boss gets new items (or shows they're getting new items)

Another bug I'm seeing is random parasites spawning in town- triggering town is under attack, but no message- usually the villagers deal with them, but sometimes someone ends up infected on rare occasions.
Old 03-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Elite

Graduated to a new "world" for my character, and couldn't get into a "Secret Found" pocket dimension. It said secret found, but I didn't port inside it....

Anyone else have this issue?
Old 03-14-2016, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
Why is a button for "retraining mode" on the Other Clan menu?

How do gate enchantments work? Just on the gate itself, or on the guards at that gate?
Mystic Brotherhood gives you the ability to retrain attributes.

Gate enchantments only work on the gates themselves.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:16 PM
Expert

-Completely using up a crafting material to nothing, probably should switch the cursor back to normal (pointing hand).

-I know it was requested for "show bags" to be removed, but now the equipment screen can get in the way if a player opens their inventory before opening stash bags (at least for a character that starts getting bigger bags)...so in this instance, maybe good to have have player bags automatically opened here right when you click on a stash chest? Unless you might be planning on other interface changes down the road.

-On gifts screen it would be useful to know (like on Expedition screen) in red text, who has bad relations with another.

-On diplomacy/trading, it feels weird buying an Orc Slayer weapon from the Orc clan The Horde, that I end up killing them with, soon after. I'm thinking clans shouldn't be allowed to offer weapons that are good at killing their kind, even if it's a tad bit humorous.

-I don't know if there is a way to edit the assets file to accomplish this, but it would be cool to have a "one and done" kind of way of playing a map. Meaning, levels go up faster knowning the character won't exists beyond this single playthrough and map. And of course the same goes for everything else in the world, like followers/monsters/clans, would say get 3-5 levels each time you or they would normally level once.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:11 PM
Elite

A few observations:

I have a Death Knight clan member, who has both Unholy Vitality and Blade of Darkness. He has been with me for hours, and I have reloaded multiple times with him in the party or outside of it. Unfortunately, although his abilities have leveled multiple times, to 5 and 6 respectively, he is still using them at level 1 and 2. This makes a big difference. Those abilities should be recast at the very least every time he levels, and every time the game is reloaded. It would be even better if they are recast when his equipment changes, but that may be a bit of a pain. Once I won the area, he finally applied his new skills. I'll watch to see whether they update now.

Once I achieved the requirements for both a diplomatic and a logistic win at once, by destroying a clan. I received rewards for both wins, but only one counted for the achievements. Probably something needs to be fixed, there.

Sometimes, clan members start getting unhappy at an alarming rate. When I give them a anti-zombie potion, they become poisoned, which tells me that they are infected, although they do not have any icon saying so. There is no blinking icon on the main screen either. I understand that they may want to keep their infection secret, but... they are extremely happy with me as a clan leader, it is clear that already know, so can we just dispense with the secrecy and get on with the treatment? I would like to at least know when I have succeeded in healing them.

There is no achievement for using the Death Knight class to reach level 25.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:16 AM
Amateur

some minor stuff:

- would be nice be able to give clan members a focus in the main clan management screen, rather than having to open up individual clan member's screen. In fact, pretty everything clan-related should be able to be done on the main clan screen. Some contextual pop-up menus would really help here.

- I'm getting the taunt message spam from my nemesis when he/she/it acquires a new item. Fires about every second, nonstop for about 30 seconds. Then takes a break and begins again.

- is there a way to extinguish fires? I feel so helpless watching my village burn down. I suspect an ice mage could do it... but any solution for my rogue?

- Happiness seems to go down really fast for NPCs that are part of your party, presumably because they are getting injured a lot and are in danger and have to sleep on the ground rather than in their home. All very understandable, but kinda gets in the way of gameplay. Would be better to find a sustainable way to keep the party going with a consistent membership... or is the idea to force you to keep swapping?

- it's possible to solve quests for a clan you're at war with. Seems odd, WAI?