Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Default Zombasite patch 0.929

Patch 0.929 of Zombasite is available over on the Zombasite patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch makes player movement much smoother, optimizes things better, new clans can be started, improves renegades a lot, improves the help topics, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:35 AM
Amateur

Currently reporting the following anomaly in my world save:

Regional map indicates this specific map has a quest for me, but the mouse-over description itself states there's none...

Additionally, I don't actually have an accepted quest in that area in my current quest log... (there are no dungeons in that map section either)

---

Now on this instance, apparently, my own clan is addressed as being responsible for sending a bounty hunter after me. Is this a bug?
[Edit]
I now have two Bounty Hunters said to be sent by my own clan. I think I pissed an NPC off. :P
[Edit]
Okay, now I have four Bounty Hunters after me.

---

I also have a personal pet peeve about certain quests being generated - I frequently get [monster] uprising quests, often low-level, minimal rewards and of Important priority, where I have to take down anywhere between just 1-3 [monster](s).

While it's very easy to just teleport to an area, run around a few seconds, smash things in the face, and finish the quest, it's very inconvenient and pulls away from the action of other, much more difficult quests on the bounty board. (like 10-20 monster uprising quests - that's totally fine!)

Problematically, these uprisings could develop more child quests that need you to go back and forth.

When I get these, I often get up to three or four of them in different places all over the region so one is forced to finish them. After finishing those too, a bunch more in the same exact places get mini-uprisings again. I don't know what solution to suggest to this, other than it does become chore-like to keep cutting the hedges but other people may be completely fine with this...

Last edited by GTD-Carthage : 04-23-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:36 PM
Amateur

I noticed that destroying challenge pedestals (even if you fail when playing them) and wishing wells seem to trigger their rewards. I believe this is a bug?
Old 04-23-2016, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTD-Carthage View Post
I noticed that destroying challenge pedestals (even if you fail when playing them) and wishing wells seem to trigger their rewards. I believe this is a bug?
Yeah, neither of those should probably happen.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:22 PM
Elite

No one wants a perfectly good ring, although quite a few of my clan members have a free rings slot. Is it possible that in some cases, the second ring slot gets ignored? The rings which are being ignored do appear to be worse than the rings in their first slots.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:15 PM
Elite

Just as it happens with rings, clan members will fail to upgrade or even acquire second slot jewelry.

Since I started Ultimate levels, I have not found a single bag or empty vial, and I have not had even one clan member offer me a crafting quest.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:46 AM
Champion

I haven't found any bags for at least 10 levels, and I don't find vials anymore.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:29 PM
Elite

I'm playing a Druid/Dark Tempar hybrid, which may or may not be relevant. The character model switches between tall and short (Strength of Stone) and human and beast (Stalker Form) constantly, and always has multiple auras both around his body (Unholy Armor, Void Shield, etc.) and weapon (Blade of Darkness)

I am experiencing multiple graphical glitches, among which:
- often, the character uses the human model while he is shifted in beast form
- the weapon aura is often the wrong one, as in vial auras lingering long after the effect has gone, elemental auras from the weapon missing, etc...
- when in beast form, most of the time, there is a weapon aura effect growing out of the character's butt, perpendicular to wherever he is facing. Sometimes, the aura is straight back, as if he has lit some farts.

It is distracting.

On the screenshot, there is a ice fart, a fire effect around the weapon, and the character looks human. If you look at the active effects though, you will see that he is in beast form, and that the flame vial effect has expired.

===============

Further experimentation makes me think that it goes wrong if I go back to beast form right after reverting to human, before the human model has been fully redrawn.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 04-25-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:58 AM
Amateur

I think it's been around since the old games, but I noticed Evil Pools don't have descriptions over what they do (although they seem to give any random positive or negative buff?) Perhaps just a simple description of what happens after using them? Like...
"You take your chances, the evil gods grant you [de/buff name]."

I was also attacked by a moving totem just now (as in it follows you), but I think I'll need to find those more to report on them properly... it happened to quickly my party put it down before I saw it do anything. :P

Last edited by GTD-Carthage : 04-26-2016 at 03:17 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:21 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTD-Carthage View Post
I was also attacked by a moving totem just now (as in it follows you)
I had a Temporal Flux Machine slide away from me after I attacked it today. So it's not just you.