Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2016, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Default Zombasite patch 0.932

Patch 0.932 of Zombasite is available over on the Zombasite patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch adds passive bonuses to all active skills, improves most character traits, balances a bunch of things better, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.
Patreon

Last edited by Shadow : 05-13-2016 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:18 PM
Elite

I have a number of my recruits constantly crossing the happiness 100 line. It's really annoying. I think that the happiness drain value should change at 75/125/175 not 50/100/150. And that you should give some really awesome bonuses for happiness 200. Probably double bonuses to all clan skills, like transmutation, enchanting and diplomacy.

But in general, I like the idea of making it harder to pin people at happiness 200. It was too easy. This is not to say that it isn't too hard now. I have not played enough with clan members under the last few patches to have an opinion.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 05-13-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, changing the exact places where recruit happiness gets harder to increase would probably help the luminary spam.
Patreon
Old 05-13-2016, 06:40 PM
Elite

I am still getting enemy summons marked green or golden on the mini-map. In this particular case, it was a fire elemental summoned by Germaine the Pyromancer.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:00 PM
Champion

You further reduced fire sounds! I haven't checked it out yet but I'm still happy about this
Old 05-14-2016, 12:59 AM
Elite

Default Strength of Stone

I have a very specific, one could say petty nitpick.

The subject is the "Strength of Stone" spell from the Druid skillset. As it is now, it provides:
1) A Strength boots.
2) A purely cosmetic size increase, without any of the usual benefits.
3) A passive increase in maximum mana, which quickly outpaces the spell's requirements.

Here are my two problems with it:
1) The size increase comes without the usual movement speed boost that comes with most size buffs, it makes the character moonwalk, i.e. move at a different speed than the animation seems to suggest, as if his feet are sliding over terrain.
2) The maximum mana boost feels like pandering. The skill takes a lot of mana, and benefits characters that usually do not have a large mana pool. The character on which I have it had terrible problems with mana management before the change. Now as I advance the skill, the mana points come automatically. Cheap and inconsistent with other buffs, which usually provide slight bonuses o things associated with their primary effect (damage, status effects, etc...)

Here are the changes I'd like to see:
1) Instead of a constant size increase, the size increase should be variable, i.e. starting small and scaling up with the strength boost, and accompanied with a movement speed increase to keep the animations consistent.
2) The passive mana freebee should go, and be replaced with a tiny Strength increase - maybe 1 point of Strength per level, which is a nice perk at low levels, and insignificant at higher levels (My level 100 characters have Strength above 500, sometimes above 1000)
An alternative passive boost would be a tiny Dexterity or Defense increase, as in getting a better balance from periodically having to lug all that extra bulk.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 05-14-2016 at 03:41 AM.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:30 PM
Elite

I have a region that is majorily screwed up. Quests are getting generated at an insane rate, all monsters are bosses, and they are so thick together that when I got teleported by a trap, I simply could not move. Every time I try to place a guard he dies automatically. Loot is not dropping. Quest items are not dropping.

There should be a check that makes sure that you do not have hundreds of copies of the same quest active.

-----

Well, this region went the same way as the one that had the multiple quest problems earlier. Eventually it crashed, and I cannot reload the saved game.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 05-15-2016 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:13 AM
Amateur

Old character, new world, new region for 0.932.

I am getting random crashes. The game just freezes up. The first time, it was after I successfully wiped out 2 hostile npc syndicate/guilds of at least 7 members each. I attributed the crash to the large number of loot items on the ground at the time.

However, I had a second crash today when nothing particularly special was going on. I Should add that these crashes are not corrupting my save, at least not yet. It does not appear to be the same issue as Tuidjy saw. While I have seen that bug in prior versions, I have not experienced it recently.

I do have to say that I like the parties of hostile npcs. They are really vicious - I actually have to bring some clan members along to be able to wear them down and I have even lost clan members in combat with them. It can get a bit overwhelming to have 3+ gangs of hostile npcs on you at once, though.

Last edited by Faceless : 05-15-2016 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:38 AM
Expert

Unhappy Sounds disappearing

Happens a few times after the patch 0.932 around 20 minutes or so of play in the game, begin to disappear part of the sounds(some of spells,combat, movement),after that they appear periodically,but in general they are not heard

Last edited by Mithur : 05-15-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
Well, this region went the same way as the one that had the multiple quest problems earlier. Eventually it crashed, and I cannot reload the saved game.
If you still have the save, can you email it to me?
Patreon