Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2016, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

Default Zombasite patch 1.007

Patch 1.007 of Zombasite is available over on the Zombasite patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch fixes a crash, adds some force move options, adds auto item identifying through some NPC skills, fixes losing Arch-Nemesis sometimes, and fixes a bunch of other minor issues.

Last edited by Shadow : 11-10-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:07 PM
Champion

Really nice to see all of these changes. Pretty surprised at some of them, and just really happy to see others.

If I could suggest one thing, it would be to make it so that when you're at max level, your exp bar is full by default. I know it's just a minor graphical change, but it would make the 'xp bar no longer flashes when at max level' change feel more complete. Just my 2c.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro* View Post
Really nice to see all of these changes. Pretty surprised at some of them, and just really happy to see others.
Out of curiosity, what were you surprised to see?
Old 11-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Champion

With the content and timing between 1.004, .005, .006 and .007, I didn't think there would be many big buffs/changes still coming to the game (I mean, 1.006 was just 6 lines!). I felt that the game was really winding down until the next expansion, so seeing some of these changes was really surprising.

The infinite loop bugfix surprised me simply because I'm surprised I never encountered that bug. And, it made me ponder whether or not I've ever seen a monster get promoted past level 100...

The mana potion buff was surprising since it's a major buff for loner characters that don't want to play cheesily (aka force spawning vendors with area refreshes).

Double crafting rewards was surprising since I've always felt that quest rewards were practically set in stone. It's nice to see something that may incentivize me to not go for military wins all the time. (And maybe play with fewer clans on the map.)

The potion numbering change was surprising simply because it's an art change. I just never saw it coming. And, it's way cooler in game then I could have ever known beforehand.

And last, being able to mod whether players can be infected or not, is coincidentally a setting that I wanted to change a while ago for my modded version since the stronger mobs infect me way too much. Though, it's not necessary anymore.

Welp, those are my honest and probably not very exciting thoughts on the changes.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Elite

I agree with Destro that some of these changes were great. Would anyone be willing to make a mod that takes advantage of the new modding capability in which player's can't be infected?
Old 11-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

I just asked because it's always interesting to see what you all think about things.

Patch 1.006 was that small because most of those changes were for the GOG build and I didn't want to accidentally break that build by adding too many extra things.

The "can mod out player infections" thing was actually a change I needed to make for the other game. Since I'm trying to share the code base between the 2 games, it was basically a free change to Zombasite.
Old 11-13-2016, 07:37 AM
Amateur

Default 1.007 on gog?

Hello,

You know when this will be available on gog? Or if i can install your patch over the gog version?

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by koex View Post
You know when this will be available on gog? Or if i can install your patch over the gog version?
I'm not sure when it will be available on GOG, but our patch should work fine on the GOG version.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:23 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro* View Post
Double crafting rewards was surprising since I've always felt that quest rewards were practically set in stone. It's nice to see something that may incentivize me to not go for military wins all the time. (And maybe play with fewer clans on the map.)
I don't see why you see the military win reward as the best. The chest reward isn't better than gold chest and you find many along a world.

All are randomly crap but military win reward is second worst, the worst of the worst is the random quality NPC from food win. They are the worst because they are very frequent in a world.

The less worse would be Adventure win but it's from far the longest to achieve. For alliance win it's randomly good or crap. When you get low quality crafting material it's total crap otherwise it's sort of best reward.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:01 PM
Champion

If you want my honest thoughts, I think that the win rewards are completely meaningless. The rewards themselves never justifies the extra time spent in the zone while overleveled. And that's not an 'almost never'... that's a true 'never'. Even acquiring multiple win conditions at once isn't worth it.

I honestly don't care about the military win reward itself. It's just an extra. The real attraction is farming other clans for set+ gear by having them raid my town. This is without a doubt the fastest farming method for scrap items and gear.

I only commented on the diplomatic win reward potentially being lucrative if it could be farmed reasonably fast and the payout is good (to be fair, I've only gotten 1 diplomatic win ever so I don't really remember how good it is). But, in the end, I doubt it matters since you can just get so many more arcane essences and other crafting materials by scrapping the drops of raiding clans.

Though, I must admit that I haven't really raided clans in any recent games due to my recent playstyles (all difficulty mod, non-hc while modding, etc.). So, this might be outdated a bit. But, I doubt it.

*shrug*

In any case, I don't think that the win conditions were ever meant to make you say "WOW I NEED THIS!" They just provide a clear goal and indicator of when a player can consider a zone finished and provide a small extra reward. And, of course, it balances abandoning areas a bit in hardcore by providing a 1 level experience penalty if you don't formally win (even though I think that penalty is negligible).