Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Default Orc Schism town defense

I haven't blogged in a while and I really need to much more often, so I'm going to talk about Zombasite: Orc Schism some today. In this case, I'm going to talk about how we are enhancing the town defense part of the game quite a bit.
  • Guards - You can now place twice as many guards as the base game (16 now).
  • Guard types - There are now way more guard types, including traps, totems, altars, and crystals. Player traps work a little differently than world traps. They can be set off an infinite number of times by enemies, but they can also be destroyed. Totems, altars, and crystals all buff nearby friendlies with different effects.
  • Guard locations - You can change where each guard's location is. If you want to focus on your flanks because you are worried about a clan raid you can shift some of your guards over there. If you are worried about your healthstone, you can surround it with guards. Also, since your town is randomly laid out in the expansion, where you want to put your guards might change with each world.
  • NPC guard focus - You will now get a bit more control over NPCs when they are using the guard focus by selecting how they guard. Currently you can choose stationary, patrol, or wander.
  • Clan items - You can now change clan items (relics, doors, and guards) while your clan is under attack. It does take 15 seconds to install though when under attack.
  • Defensive raids - I'm not sure what I'm going to call this yet, but you will be able to form a full raiding party (up to 5 NPCs) to defend a clan from anything that is attacking them. This is restricted to clans that you have a mutual protection pact or alliance with or your own clan. This does cost a small amount of expedition points (currently 5, which is half of an offensive raid).

As usual comments are welcome!

Last edited by Shadow : 06-20-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:38 PM
Amateur

Oooo, so we can place guards inside town now? That'd be great. I always felt sorry for the poor little speed bumps because the fact that they could only be placed outside meant that even an inanimate door apparently was valued by the clan more than them (ditto for clan members set to guard duty, whereupon the poor doomed-to-die suckers would be forced outside the town gates). Also makes Carpenter door production more valuable if the doors get destroyed first instead of the guards. I always ended up with more doors than guards because of that (poor dying guards).

Being able to place twice as many of them and now inside town can make the place feel more lively too for those of us who like playing Simcity with our clan town.

Can we set clan members to retreat to the health stone (or where-ever) whenever the town gets attacked? Sometimes I have commoners think it's a good idea to charge into the middle of a huge enemy raid ahead of everyone else just because they happened to be near the gate when the enemy raid started.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, you can place guards inside of the walls in the expansion.

No, there's not a way to tell the NPCs to run back to the healthstone. That gets to be problematic (slow downs, everyone in the way, etc).
Old 06-14-2017, 09:33 PM
Champion

I do with agree with the logic of having npcs be a little more passive when on low health. When NPCs are on blinking health, they should want to run back to the healthstone and heal. The same should apply for summons and party members when out in the wild when a healthstone is around.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Amateur

The new features look great! They'll really enhance the raiding aspect of the game.

Small QoL request:
It would be great to have a less likely chance of multiple invasions at a time (Allly being invaded, I'm being invaded, I'm getting raided by a rival at the same time). It is great every now and then for an "Oh shit, they're ganging up on me when I'm weak" moment, but gets to be pretty tiresome when it happens often and it's impossible to save your ally because they don't recover quickly from back to back invasions. I've had to tweak down the Fire spread chance in my game because other clans are just completely helpless once it starts to spread.

Also, making other clans slightly more competent at fending off invasions would be nice, some times they persist for hours.