Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Amateur

Default Question and Modding idea...Stat/Skill potions?

So there has been only 1 game that has mods with this idea that i love. The idea is special rarer potions for +stats can either be potion for 1 random stat or 1 of a certain stat or both. Also rarer ones that give 1 skill point. How hard would this be to code? I have done a little, but starting with nothing is very challenging for someone without a lot of experience in coding. Thanks---everyone elses thoughts on this?
Old 08-21-2017, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

You can mod something like this. You would need to do something like the crafting items like entry CraftingRepairArmor in Database/Items/crafting.gdb and the associated stat change in entry ModifierPickupCraftingRepairArmor in Database/MagicModifiers/craftingPickups.gdb

I think you would need to do multiple versions for each attibute/skill index you want and not tell the player. That way it would look random (which one you would get would be random).
Patreon
Old 08-21-2017, 05:31 PM
Amateur

Default Thanks-

Well thanks that is some good information i may look at the files and see what i can come up with. I have not done any heavy modding, but i am capable of doing more than i have. There is always more to learn. Ill check out those files and see what i can start from there. Could someone Please give me a idea for what to add as in code? Maybe the easiest way would be add 1 stat point? But how would this need to be coded?

Last edited by douglsad : 08-21-2017 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Question-