Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2017, 05:49 AM
Amateur

Default Advice needed - Viable tank build

Hi guys,
I am facing some challenges with regards to the viability of a tank/damage mitigator character.
I noticed that armor in Zombasite is not very protective, even full in plate i reach maximum of 40% physical damage reduction and that by sacrificing most of the attribute points into strength(to be able to wear the plate) and most of the skills points into armor related skills.
So actually by trying to make a tank i end up with a glass cannon character. High damage from pumping strength and low Hp and damage mitigation.
Of course the shield helps also, but in reality you can't have both high block chance and good armor, that leaving the armor stat useless.
Can anyone please suggest me a combination of classes/skills to achieve the stereotype of a tank? I don't intent to do much damage, of course, but i would like to be able to hit things though. So choosing Defender/defender won't work.
Also, if anyone has the patience to read this far, i don't get the attack stat at all. I always find myself either having to put 80% attribute points into dexterity or spending more than half of the skill points into weapon masteries only to be able to have a decent hit chance. Is there something i miss?
Thanks and cheers.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:49 AM
Champion

Use a shield and use skills to boost your block & parry rating (swords work for warriors for example).
Old 08-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Amateur

Hey,
Thanks for the answer.
That leaves the armor being useless and the whole idea of a tank with it. Swords don't require much strength and so pumping it just for wearing plate armor would be suicidal.
I actually wondered more about the purpose of the plate armor. I would have liked to make a strong knight-like character.
Cheers