Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2017, 04:36 AM
Amateur

Default Hack and Slash mode for single/multiplayer

Hi there,

I recently started playing Zombasite again after a long break from it. I really like the underlying systems, but sometimes I just want to slash some monsters and grab some loot. Especially together with some friends, who don't really care about the clan management aspects of the game.

It would be great to have a hack and slash mode, balanced around only Player Characters doing quests. Kind of like Din's Curse. Is there a possibility these kind of features can be added to the new expansion? Or are there mods that accommodate our collective need for mindless exp and loot grinding?
Old 08-02-2017, 09:19 AM
Champion

You can somewhat do this already playing loner with clan count set to 'none'.

You could technically mod it so that you could do one area from level 1 to 100. But, I don't know if the game could handle that performance-wise. And you'd miss out on the difficulty increases from normal to champion, etc. You'd probably want areas of levels 1-25, 25-50, etc. Nothing like this exists at the moment though.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schappelijk View Post
Hi there,

I recently started playing Zombasite again after a long break from it. I really like the underlying systems, but sometimes I just want to slash some monsters and grab some loot. Especially together with some friends, who don't really care about the clan management aspects of the game.

It would be great to have a hack and slash mode, balanced around only Player Characters doing quests. Kind of like Din's Curse. Is there a possibility these kind of features can be added to the new expansion? Or are there mods that accommodate our collective need for mindless exp and loot grinding?
Its been awhile since I've been on here so I'm not too sure what all has changed, but if you want to try and make the game more like a Hack and Slash, you can set the clans to none when creating a region and put on Low Stress. This will take away town attacks with an experience penalty. If you don't want the penalty, you could use a simple mod to toggle them off I'm sure. Then just make your character a Loner.

Doing all that should result in a more Hack and Slash experience because you won't need to do any clan management and you won't have to worry about getting screwed with a town attack.