Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Drox Operative > Drox Operative game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2017, 03:43 AM
Amateur

Default Zombies and Ultimate Weapons without rebel ships

I've been trying to emerge all the races in one galaxy, except for the monster races and ancients (though I accidentally emerged the Nexium because of an unintended Economic win, but they've been the only ones so far). After a lot of guerilla weapon deliveries and race resurrections, only four subraces are left to emerge: Ultimate Weapon, Genetic Soldier, Zombie, and Pirate. I know that civil wars will bring out the Fringe subraces, I hope to get lucky that a zombie outbreak happens or gets delivered to a Shadow planet, and I have no idea how to get pirates (I once had the Brunt in a pirate-infested sector, but nothing special ever happened to them).

Anyway in one sector, I got Ultimate Weapons out of civil wars on a few Fringe planets. But for some unknown reason, their associated rebel ships didn't spawn; there's no quest to deliver guerilla weapons to the UW rebels, so I was unable to break them out. And just now in the latest sector I'm playing, I finally got zombies on a Shadow planet. And again, no rebel ship spawned; no quest to bring guerilla weapons to the zombies. And no, their rebel ships weren't destroyed by monsters; I was right there when the outbreaks happened, and the rebel ships just didn't spawn at all.

This has to be a bug, right? I mean they're right there, but I can't do anything. I don't know what to do; I could keep playing, but I don't wanna miss out on those Zombies. I suppose I could always just hope to get them from race resurrections (especially the Pirate since I have no idea how to get them normally), but the odds of getting a wanted race have been getting smaller and smaller. I wonder how many sectors it'll take before I finally resurrect that last needed race.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:17 PM
Amateur

I finally gave up and moved on. Any guerilla weapons I sold to the zombified Shadow planet had no effect, and nothing ever happened to the Shadow planet no matter how long I waited. Guess I'll have to settle for race resurrections now for the last remaining subraces (although the Genetic Soldiers do get their rebel ships, now if I could just get them to break out on a Fringe planet instead of a different race).

I'm also gonna finally get started on that new ship. I was hoping to emerge all the subraces beforehand, but I guess instead I'll have to hope to emerge those last subraces with that new ship. Who knows, maybe the rebel ships will actually appear for that character.