Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2015, 11:59 PM
Elite

Default Got a hardcore character to level 100

Well, here is the first character I have gotten to level 100. She is a hybrid, defender/magician.

On the left are her natural stats, on the right she is buffed with her standards buffs (Fire Shield, Bravery, Hardiness) and one of the elemental buffs, which she has all available from different clan members.

She is a pretty simple build. Her main weapon is Arcane Barrage, which she has improved with +magic damage, +spell damage, and +extra projectiles. The defender tree gives her one of the best defenses in the game, and the magician tree adds to that with Evade and Teleport.

She has had no close calls, at all. The worst hit has been for about 15% of her max health, enemies seldom get close, and when she needs to, she can teleport away. Because of her great weapon and armor selection, she can use almost every single item in the game, and can go toe to toe with anyone she has met. But it does not get that far - she fires 8-10 projectiles, and some of them can do as much as 10,000 damage. No one has survived a full barrage.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 12-27-2015 at 01:48 AM.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:35 AM
Elite

I sort of suspected that this game was easier than Dins. I'm sure that either Shadow and/or modders will find a way to make it more challenging. I'm already using a mod that makes getting good items more difficult, since I think the crafting system can compensate for that.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:40 PM
Elite

I'm not brave enough for hardcore. In my life and my playing style, it would probably be a pretty short game Congrats!
Old 12-27-2015, 04:34 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caal View Post
I sort of suspected that this game was easier than Dins. I'm sure that either Shadow and/or modders will find a way to make it more challenging. I'm already using a mod that makes getting good items more difficult, since I think the crafting system can compensate for that.
Yes, it is much easier than Din's curse, although somewhat harder than Drox's operative, mostly because it is so complex that some things are just beyond your control.

I do not think that anything needs to be done to make it harder. After all, I did with a lot of help from my clan members, and I had such a large clan that the other survivors walked on eggshells as not to upset me - I had 9 adventurer wins and one diplomatic, and that one was because of a bug.

Doing it solo will be a lot more of a challenge. No buffs unless you have them yourself.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 12-27-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:46 PM
Elite

How large was your clan by the end?
Old 12-27-2015, 06:21 PM
Elite

]I keep it at 25, most of the time. There would be personal vendettas from time to time, I would have to kick someone out (or worse, bury someone) and then I would hire a replacement.

As time goes by, I was able to gather more useful skill on fewer characters - i.e. my transmuters were also miners, most hunter/gatherers had at least two skills, so I ended up with enough tough fighters to have a quartet for each gate.

The downside of clan members with DPS over 1000 (one had 16,000) is that when they start fighting, there is no time to make peace...

-----

By the way, someone on Steam asked for a video, so I made one. It's crappy though, my standard video capture utility does not accept Zombasite as a full screen application.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 12-27-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:08 PM
Elite

Thanks That helps.

When someone misbehaves, I teach them a lesson -- make them a party member. You can't behave in town when I'm not there to watch you? Then you get to put your butt on the line with me. We'll see if that helps. lol

Helped a lot with a traitor -- the town fined him. I didn't think that was harsh enough, and I knew he'd probably just cause more trouble. So put him in the party. Not my fault he got himself killed. He had skills I wanted to keep, but not at the cost of the town....
Old 01-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Expert

Really? Thats pretty awesome. I managed to get to level 14 as a hybrid character but I have yet to be able to beat a world. I take advantage of the ability to get attacked by uniques on the town and then reap large bonuses to exp boost when I repel it.

One thing I didnt like now that I gave a second shot was that there are too many quests to complete a world. There should be a slot that says less quests per world or something. Keep in mind playing a tiny world shouldnt have 25-50 quests especially since that will multiply when time comes down to it.

I dont agree with you guys on dins and drox. I was able to make it to Lv40 on Dins with cursed mode and Drox wasnt really hard either. I think this game was tricky if you dont have any potions whereas Dins was the easiest Imo.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:03 AM
Champion

Do you feel like other classes/skills are as strong? I know the one time I used arcane barrage my reaction was 'this skill is completely overpowered'.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:53 PM
Elite

Well, my strongest, by far character is the Obliterator. He is pure Death Knight, and has fully focused on doing as much damage as possible with his weapon area attack. Nothing really survives his two handed sword.

The stats on the left are unbuffed, to the right, buffed. He has three personal buffs, and four from his clan members.

From now on, I intend to mostly play loner characters, although I do revisit my level 100 guys, mostly when my loners bite the dust. The greatest challenge with loners used to be the lack of buffs from clan members... now it is the nonsense heartstone mechanic, which frankly makes them a lot less enjoyable.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 05-14-2016 at 02:58 PM.