Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Kivi's Underworld  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2011, 02:32 AM
Amateur

Unhappy Can't start the game

Buy Depths of Peril over 2 years back,play it time to time,but when i start the game in this weekend it don't start, showing window 'Critical error:Couldn't load UI/menus.lst'!
Old 12-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithur View Post
Buy Depths of Peril over 2 years back,play it time to time,but when i start the game in this weekend it don't start, showing window 'Critical error:Couldn't load UI/menus.lst'!
Looks like some files are missing. Try to re-install the game.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Amateur

Unhappy

I re-install game from cd,and still the same trouble...
Old 12-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

That's strange. It's basically not finding that specific file which should be in assets002.zip. So it can't find assets002.zip, assets002.zip is corrupted, or the exe or zip have been moved to different locations.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Legend

Are you on windows? If so, are you running the game from the start menu?

It's possible that you have an old corrupted installation, and that's what's being run from the start menu, instead of the newly installed version. Try to find the game wherever you just installed it ie. c:/Program Files/Depths of Peril. Check that all the files are in c:/Program Files/Depths of Peril/Assets: you should have assets01.zip, assets02.zip and assets03.zip there. Then, double click c:/Program Files/Depths of Peril/DepthsOfPeril.exe to start the game.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:54 AM
Amateur

Unhappy

I run on Win XP,tryed to start the game from start menu,from game folder,from icon on desktop,criticall error in all variants!Strange but zip files you mentioned not existed in Assets,even after i reinstall the game.On tried install on other computer where Win 7 game run fine,but in Assets exist only assets03.zip...

Last edited by Mithur : 12-21-2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithur View Post
I run on Win XP,tryed to start the game from start menu,from game folder,from icon on desktop,criticall error in all variants!Strange but zip files you mentioned not existed in Assets,even after i reinstall the game.On tried install on other computer where Win 7 game run fine,but in Assets exist only assets03.zip...
Assets03.zip is the file installed by the patch. One possibility is that you're only running the patch. Another possibility is that the game installer is installing in one place, and the patch is installing the patch files into a different place ie. not where the main files are.

I recommend going step by step. Install the main game, look where it installed assets01.zip and assets02.zip. Then install the patch, and make sure it's in the same directory.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Amateur

Problem exist in next-after installation,there is no zip files in Assets folder
Old 12-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Amateur

Thanks for your help Bluddy,i search in archive copy of my hard drive and find out zip files?copy them to game dir,and all works