Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 04:03 AM
Amateur

Red face Mod help - letting Warriors use cape

Hey guys

I'm very new to modding, although I do have a basic understanding of how programming/code works.

Anyways, I've been trying to make it so my warrior can equip capes.

I've tried quite a few things, but none of them have worked. I feel that it is because I'm not quite doing it right. Below are the ideas I tried that didn't work, either because they just didn't or I didn't do it correctly.

Idea 1 - adding cape skill to warrior class (doubt I did this correctly). I tried this by just adding in "ItemRequirement Cape" under both the baseplayerclass and warriorclass.

Idea 2 - changing the cape item's requirement to ArmorCloth instead of Cape, to attempt to bypass and let my warrior wield it since he can wear cloth armor.

Idea 3 - changing the skill of cape itself to that of requiring ArmorCloth.

Any help or insight is much appreciated, as I feel this wouldn't be too hard to someone who knows what they are doing...
Old 06-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by krilbo View Post
Hey guys

I'm very new to modding, although I do have a basic understanding of how programming/code works.

Anyways, I've been trying to make it so my warrior can equip capes.

I've tried quite a few things, but none of them have worked. I feel that it is because I'm not quite doing it right. Below are the ideas I tried that didn't work, either because they just didn't or I didn't do it correctly.

Idea 1 - adding cape skill to warrior class (doubt I did this correctly). I tried this by just adding in "ItemRequirement Cape" under both the baseplayerclass and warriorclass.

Idea 2 - changing the cape item's requirement to ArmorCloth instead of Cape, to attempt to bypass and let my warrior wield it since he can wear cloth armor.

Idea 3 - changing the skill of cape itself to that of requiring ArmorCloth.

Any help or insight is much appreciated, as I feel this wouldn't be too hard to someone who knows what they are doing...
Sorry for missing your post.

First of all, you need to know how to mod stuff. The best way to do it is to create a zip file with a /Database directory inside of it, and a file like capeMod.gdb inside that directory. This zip file can be called capeMod.zip and it goes in your Assets directory.

Now, in order to add capes to warriors, the way you'd do this is add the cape skill (SkillBasicCape) to each skill tree of the warrior class, inside skillTrees.gdb. However, I don't think this will work because each of these trees is already full -- they can only take up to 20 skills.

So what to do? What you do is modify one of the basic skills each warrior has so that it also allows them to wear a cape as well. Each warrior has the skill SkillBasicMailArmor. All we have to do is modify SkillBasicMailArmor to include capes. This is what you'll write in your capeMod.gdb file:

Skill SkillBasicMailArmorCapeMod addsTo SkillBasicMailArmor
{
ItemRequirement Cape
}

That's it. That's all you need. Let me know if you need any more help. Note that any other class that uses mail armor can now automatically equip capes as well -- I hope that's ok.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Amateur

Smile Capes Broken?

Hello, Bluddy! As it happens, I just started played DC plus expansion a few days ago, and would love to have my warrior able to wear capes. I created a zip file as stated, and copy and pasted the text directly from your reply above to create a GDB file, but it doesn't work, even after several checks and tweaks. My warrior still cannot equip capes, and the games say that he requires the skill Capes. All the other mods I have installed have worked without any issues. Am I doing something wrong, or did the expansion change the skill parameters? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Got it to work!

Last edited by Midnite_Cruiser : 11-13-2015 at 07:34 PM.