Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Amateur

Default A Feeling of Continuity

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before but I just got this idea from reading about the new victory condition and desire to not just squash races from the get-go.

Let's say if you continue to ally and win a certain race eventually you will receive more powerful components in return for your allegiance. Currently the only thing that carries over after each sector is your ship and items. I understand that this is just from the inherited game engine but I think some more continuity would add immeasurably to the desire to continue playing the game.

I'm not sure how easy this would be to implement but perhaps as simply as a text file with a list of the races with a number after the race. You win with a race and it adds to this digit. When you hit a certain number an additional chest drops by the victory chest with a powerful item representative of the race that you win with. Ally enough times and legendary components start dropping?

This could also be used to affect starting influence with races in a new game. Let's say every time you eliminate a race the number decreases as well. So maybe you've eliminated the Brunt 20 times and never won with them. You start a new game and they immediately declare war on you! Conversely, if you have won with a race so many times they would offer a non-aggression pact right out of the gate. It would make for some straight up seemingly impossible games but could also be a lot of fun!

What do you guys and gals think?