Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Expert

Default Quests to kill same npc in two different zones

I have a quest (storyline) to kill Shankar (purple name) in Deadfall Forest, and I also have a quest to kill Shankar (red name) in Wicked Desert!

That is one overworked viper naga.

I had abandoned the non-story line quest, and then later I got another non-story line quest to kill Shankar, again in a different zone. But this time I actually went to the correct zone and killed Shankar and got credit for both the story-line and the non-story line quest.

I guess it is more confusing than a bug, since the wrong zone location is listed ..

Last edited by Brysos : 03-28-2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: hmm
Old 03-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Amateur

I've actually encountered this myself, though with the guy who you need to grab an item from after you kill him (forget his name though).

When I killed the version of him that was in the dungeon, I completed both the story and non-story versions of the quest. Though, later on, I found him again in the location mentioned by the non-story quest. ^_^

I think it's simply that the game engine reuses names, regardless of whether or not the names are for story-quest NPCs, for random quests. I'm sure digging through the various text files in the asset zips could glean a bit more information on this.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Elite

the bosses aren't actually distinct monsters, they are monsters with legend= 1 who are called up for the story quests, which means they can spawn as quest monsters randomly. your problem comes from assigning a quest to the spawned monster, and the quest doesn't check for which one you killed. check to see if there is a boss named shankar in deadfall forest. each time a monster with the same name spawns, it is exactly identical to every other version you've fought. that's because they are defined as monsters with certain traits.

Last edited by (name here) : 03-28-2008 at 04:51 PM.