Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Elite

Awesome. Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see the status effects in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
Version 0.802 is ready.

The mod now requires patch 1.025. It'll work with 1.024, but some of the things that were recently fixed in the patch, and which the previous version of the mod had temporary fixes for, will no longer be fixed, so I definitely recommend playing with 1.025.

I also added something that's been sitting on my hard drive for a long time: a preliminary version of the NPC status effect idea. You'll now notice occasional status effects on NPCs that'll inform you about what they've been up to. I think this adds a little more depth to NPCs. While I can only partially implement this idea in the mod, I think this still gives a much better feedback system for what the NPCs are going through.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Expert

Default Repairs

Hi, playing this again after some time off :-)
I started a new character, but noticed in the first two towns i got, that there is no one who can repair equipment. Did something change with that ? I know Bluddy made some changes to equipment deterioration, but i have no NPC that can repair equipment. I got the Armorsmith, weaponsmith, blunt weaponsmith, vendors, potion vendors... but all they can do is Identify equipment - no repairs.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Old 07-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jureidinim View Post
Hi, playing this again after some time off :-)
I started a new character, but noticed in the first two towns i got, that there is no one who can repair equipment. Did something change with that ? I know Bluddy made some changes to equipment deterioration, but i have no NPC that can repair equipment. I got the Armorsmith, weaponsmith, blunt weaponsmith, vendors, potion vendors... but all they can do is Identify equipment - no repairs.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
This was a change I made to address the fact that it's too easy to just go back to town and fix everything you have every time, so that most people don't get to experience their equipment break down on them at all. This means that the whole durability element of the game might as well not really exist.

So what happens right now in the mod is that you get around a 50-50 chance for every weaponsmith to be able to fix your stuff. I probably should put some dialog explaining why they can't fix your stuff e.g. "we're out of the needed materials" or "I'm not skilled enough to fix things". Anyway, seems like you rolled a town with nobody who can fix your stuff. Visiting weapon/armor vendors will always be able to fix your stuff, though, so it's really important to pay attention to them. You also want to try get new vendors asap, in the hopes that they'll be able to repair things. In the mean time, you'll need to put away your best items once they break and work with reserves, which I think is part of the idea of durability in the first place.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:33 AM
Expert

Ok thanks Bluddy. I finished that town and the new town has a weaponsmith that can repair.. :-)

Question though - what do these new status effects for NPC's look like? So far i haven't really seen anything new coming up - or so i think :-)

Are these in the form of messages or icons or..?
Old 07-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jureidinim View Post
Ok thanks Bluddy. I finished that town and the new town has a weaponsmith that can repair.. :-)

Question though - what do these new status effects for NPC's look like? So far i haven't really seen anything new coming up - or so i think :-)

Are these in the form of messages or icons or..?
Currently they all look like the icon you get when you give an NPC lots of money (but they have different descriptions). You won't see it when a town starts out -- it'll only be visible after a couple of minutes.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Amateur

Interested in trying this out but would like your input on what classes are likely overpowered... Is it just wizard that I should avoid? What about conjuror?

Also, any chance of wizards ever being adjusted for the new monster health pools?
Old 12-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Amateur

Does Bluddy still check this subforum? I see he's been on others recently.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by galneon View Post
Does Bluddy still check this subforum? I see he's been on others recently.
Hey galneon. Sorry, I sometimes miss messages when checking the forum.

Wizards might be overpowered, but doing some calculations recently seemed to indicate that they may not be as overpowered as I thought they are. So give it a try and see what you think.

I haven't touched the mod in a while -- it takes a lot of time to do this stuff and I didn't have time anymore. But DC is one of my favorite games, so I'll probably come back to the mod soon enough.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Amateur

Cool, thanks! Plenty of other classes for me to try first anyway, so I'm in no hurry.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Amateur

Looking to try this soon, but i mostly play with a friend. Would we both have to download this? Or does it only have to be downloaded by the host?